A global publishing business is looking for a Technology Project Manager. As the Technology Project Manager you will join a large technology application harmonisation programme with multiple go lives and plan, control and execute all infrastructure, middleware, end user computing and software deployment elements on time to support the varying phases of the programme. As Technology Project Manager you will be responsible for the planning and coordination of decommissioning of servers, sizing of platforms, system monitoring and management and transition from programme to Technology support teams.
There is limited time to complete this project and so only candidates with the required skills will be considered. This is a fixed term contract for 20 months and candidates looking to work through a personal service company cannot be considered.
Role and responsibilities
The ideal Technology Project Manager will have the opportunity to do the following:
The Technology Project Manager is accountable for successful delivery and deployment of all foundational technology platforms in advance of when the programme releases require it. This includes:
Project Management/Workstream lead
Develop the detailed technical plan to compliment the overall programme plan for:
• SAP, Publishing App, Vista, Klopotek, Biztalk in terms of:
• Server builds and decommissioning
• Software deployment and upgrades
• Data replication and back up procedures and testing
• Performance and Penetration testing
• End user computing analysis and remediation
• Application and network security and connectivity
• Disaster recovery procedures and testing
• Data Migration and historical data
• Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues within Technology workstream
• Appropriate and timely escalation of risks and issues to the Programme Manager
• Ensures programme timelines are protected and accurate status reports are provided weekly to the programme manager
• Provides effective leadership to the Technology workstream and takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships at the executive leadership level within the customer organisation
As the Technology Project Manager you must have the following Technical skills:
• 5+ years SAP Technical Lead/Project Manager experience
• Experience in SAP development, data principles and landscape design where you applied your knowledge to analyse and develop solutions to highly complex problems at an advanced level via a thorough understanding of key business processes and ability to communicate and translate those needs to technical solutions.
• Experience in developing, conducting workshops, business assessments, technical assessments and project estimates
• Understanding of SAP interdependency of functional modules and integration with other peripheral applications to complete end to end processing
• Ideally with a technical background to lead the solution build with experience of difference interface solutions for data, IDOCs, EDI, Biztalk, Sterling Integrator etc.
• Knowledge of SQL 2012, SAP Basis and Windows operating environments
• MAC and PC end user computing operating environment and understanding of the different protocols
• As a high achieving Project Manager educated to degree level or have equivalent experience, you’ll ideally also have a Project Management Qualification/Certification.
• You will have a proven track record of successfully managing and delivering global IT projects on-time, within budget and scope, with end-to-end accountability, within a large multi-site organisation.
• Achieving results through effective team leadership and through the planning, control and formal review of IT projects, including demonstrable success in managing multiple projects.
• Broadly skilled in information and communications technology. Have a comprehensive knowledge of relevant development life-cycles and the environment in which they operate.
• You will have the ability to generate creative solutions to problems.
• Has strong planning, communication and presentation skills, is proficient in project quality management, and familiar with programme management.
• Is familiar with a range of analysis, modelling and design methods, and able to cope with complex data; has good current knowledge of IT standards, applications and trends. Has an analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
• Has sound understanding of the costs of IT (project and “lifetime”) and the ability to cost operational IT services.
• Skilled at identifying benefits which come in the form of cost savings both within IT and in the business, in relation to the operational cost of the IT service.
• Has a sound understanding of risk management.
• Understands the inter-dependencies of business processes and information systems.
• Confident and self-motivated, your excellent interpersonal and communication skills mean you will be able to liaise effectively with all levels of management and other businesses
• Able to build and maintain strong relationships with a large number of stakeholders, customers, leaders as well as team members.
• Uses business acumen to make smart decisions
• People - achieves results with others
• Thinks beyond the here and now
• Extensive experience working in Technology, Business, and ideally publishing;
• Project management experience in managing large cross-functional teams
• Proven track record of influencing senior level management and stakeholders
• Maintain business buy-in and adoption to the solution throughout the delivery lifecycle
• Open positive attitude promoting confidence and credibility to team, peers and stakeholders; positive engagement and self-promotion to stakeholders
• Strong leadership qualities, i.e. Honest, Competent, Inspiring, Intelligent, Assertive
• Strong facilitation and negotiation skills, acting ethically in all situations
• Coaches and supports staff, facilitating staff and maximizing performance
• Embraces diversity and proactively manages performance issues
• Ability to influence peers, project team, sponsor, Steering Group and wider business stakeholders
• Influencing executive stakeholders at executive levels
• Communicates effectively (written and verbal) at executive level
Formal education or equivalent:
• Strong academic credentials from coupled with sound technical capabilities
• PRINCE Practitioner, PMI or equivalent
If this is the opportunity for you please apply....