A Service Transition Manager is required to represent the Service Management team during a multi-million pound project for the largest publishing organisation in the world. As the Service Transition Manager you will ensure the new or changed operates are appropriately and are fully supported at the time of Go-Live. The Service Transition Manager aids the transition of a system from the project phase into BAU. You will manage and control the specified criteria for service acceptance and operational readiness throughout the project lifecycle. Managing impacts and risks to new and existing services through thorough impact analysis and communication.
Role and responsibilities
As the Service Transition Manager your responsibilities will also include:
• To assist with a consistent and seamless approach to Service Transition across PRH.
• You will ensure all support functions are aware, prepared and capable of supporting any new services deployed.
• To provide a Service Management function within the security programme teams for Acceptance and Readiness.
• Ensuring all Service Management requirements are understood by project teams.
• Identifying all Service related risks and issues and ensure they are managed.
• To develop and agree new or changed support models to effectively manage the delivered changes
• Manage Acceptance & Readiness activities on behalf of the project.
• Responsible for creating and reviewing deliverables to achieve operational acceptance and readiness, including Service Transition plans, Non Functional Requirements, Acceptance Criteria, Support Model, Warranty Agreements, Acceptance Reports, Service Level Agreements, Contractual Support Schedules etc.
• Attend and contribute to relevant Project meetings
• Impact, evaluation and risk assessment of new projects from a Service Delivery perspective.
• Definition of non-functional requirements and operability acceptance criteria for new or changed services.
• Identifying Service Readiness activities and ensuring they are in place for go live (processes, procedures, training, rehearsals etc.).
• Identifying and managing operational risks resulting from change.
• Negotiate and agree Contractual Change Notes where appropriate in Service Delivery matters.
• Document and agree Financial Handover Forms for ongoing support costs resulting from change.
• Project completion and assessment (business case benefit achievement) together with review and lessons learnt.
• Encouraging and promoting process improvement.
• Contribute to Service Transition processes and procedures and ensuring these are adhered to by all support and project teams including third parties
• Act as ambassador for Technology Operations and ensure the business and 3rd parties understand and support the Service Transition model and that effective working relationships are maintained.
• Take ownership of personal development, to successfully develop the capabilities, knowledge and experience necessary to further enhance personal performance.
• Actively support, at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer and other information.
• Understand the business relating to the work sufficiently to be able to comply with regulatory requirements.
• Understand the business and statutory objectives and own contribution to its success
• Be an enthusiastic and valued member of the IT team, ensuring that the division becomes a valued and essential business partner.
Skills & Experience required for the Service Transition Manager:
• Excellent relationship management skills.
• Experience with working in a high change environment.
• Experience of discussing requirements, planning work and setting expectations.
• You must be flexible, proactive and adaptable to change.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills excellent prioritisation and delegation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 3 years’ experience in service design and transition of information security management systems and information security projects into service.
• Experience with ITIL environments and work towards the implementation of ITIL V3
• Experience of managing deliveries from 3rd parties.
• Technical knowledge of the typical IT infrastructure.
• Ability to chair, facilitate and lead meetings.
• An understanding and experience of implementing into a live IT infrastructure environment.
• Experience of structured Project Management methodology.
• Experience of working in a large standards-based corporate environment where ability to work to tight deadlines is important.
• Strong acceptance/Transition into Service experience.
• Experience of RACI type deliverables framework (e.g. Prince II).
• Good understanding of business process and systems integration
• Ability to work within a team as well on their own.
• You will be analytical, with keen attention to detail is a must
• Proven examples of sound judgement in decision-making.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
• Is patient, pleasant, and diplomatic.
• Is a strong communicator and sympathetically listens to customer and colleague concerns, who Believes in providing the highest quality of service to the customer.
• Is a willing and communicative part of the Management team forming strong relationships with immediate colleagues, customers and 3rd parties, and has the ability to support other staff where necessary
• Be able to shape / change processes.
• A professional attitude, good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with staff at a variety of levels.