My exciting and creative client is looking for a hands on talented Senior Business Analyst to engage with the business to understand their needs and translates these into requirements. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the continuous improvements and give guidance, as well as provide recommendations. As the Senior Business Analyst, you will have previous experience of managing a small team of BA’s.
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will lead and directly contribute to the investigation and assessment of ways of working and current technology use throughout the company. The successful candidate will propose and define solution enhancements or new implementations to deliver user experience, business process and technical delivery improvements.
Role and responsibilities
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
• Collaborate with business partnership, architecture, implementation and service delivery teams to define the scope of technical projects, directly supporting them in identifying and defining goals, risks, issues, and resource requirements
• Directly support the supplier selection, business engagement and project implementation teams in providing insight/information for and evaluating proposals (internal and external) and developing business cases for all new technology investments as required
• Provide process/technical consultancy for application and infrastructure requirements, working across technology and business teams, ensuring a consistency of approach and adherence to technical design standards
• Undertake the business analysis of all solutions within assigned domains (e.g. ERP), collaborating with all appropriate internal and external technology and business experts
• Lead and oversee the delivery of business analysis across all Technology domains for your team
• Act as a key member of the team, actively contributing to its continuous improvement and championing the department, its members and its relationships across the Technology division and the business
• Contribute as requested to the development and management of the company’s technology strategy, architecture, roadmap and policies/standards
• Work with other business and technology subject matter experts to define and deliver the company’s technology strategy, architecture and roadmap
• Ensure the existence, quality, accuracy and integrity of all business analysis artefacts, such as process maps, requirements templates, data flow diagrams
As the Senior Business Analyst you will have the following skills and experience:
• Understanding and experience of project management methodologies and frameworks and change management processes.
• Proven track record of business analysis and of leading teams of business analysts, including direct reports and 3rd party hires
• Experience of working as part of multi-skilled technical teams through the project life cycle, working successfully with infrastructure teams and 3rd party service providers.
• Relevant experience of large programmes and projects
• Extensive technical experience of producing process maps, analyses, solution definitions and analyses in at least two of the following areas: Enterprise Resource Planning, Content Management, Product Management, Consumer Relationships,
• Data Management, Communication & Personal Productivity, ESB/Middleware
• BA Accreditation (IIBA CCBA, CBAP or other
• Non-publishing industry experience in a similar role
• Extensive Technical expertise relating to technology and data flows.