One of the largest publishing companies are looking to recruit a SAP Specialist to join a high profile and exciting IT integration programme team. As the SAP Specialist, you'll have the opportunity to manage the SAP technical environment. Your day to day could include configuring, monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment.
So, if you're a SAP Specialist with an in-depth experience with SAP and an attention to detail, we'd love to hear from you!
Role and responsibilities
As the SAP Specialist your day to day will comprise of:
• Maintain the SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment including ECC Development, QA, & Production, PI Development, QA, & Production, and Solution Manager.
• Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP transport system to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted in line with the change management procedures.
• Ensure optimal SAP configuration to maximise system performance and availability.
• Management of SAP users, authorisations, and profiles in line with security and SOD procedures.
• Monitoring of SAP systems including work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, interfaces etc.
• Collaborate with the DBA to plan and perform database upgrades, database maintenance, database problem solving, database performance/storage tasks.
• Collaborate with the infrastructure team to ensure backup and recovery strategy is optimal and meets best practice.
• Perform SAP client administration including client creation, copies and deletions.
• Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades.
• Apply and migrate SAP maintenance such as kernel upgrades through all systems using the PRH methodology.
• Maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
• Provide status reports to management.
The successful SAP Specialist will have the following attributes:
• Strong team player but also able to work independently
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good analytical/problem-solving skills
• Calm under pressure and can meet tight deadlines
• Keen to develop and learn new skills
• Keen to share knowledge with colleagues
• Flexible, and prepared for travel to other sites
• Solid SAP Basis support/project experience
• Experienced in SAP Netweaver 7, ECC 6.0, SRM, and Enterprise Portal 7, and PI 7.1.
• Will have experience in installations, upgrades and potentially migrations.
• Windows 2008 experience, including Microsoft Clustering
• Experience of SQL Server based Systems
• Experienced in Virtualised Environments
• Security and Authorisations skills
• Professional certification in SAP BASIS