Do you have an interest in the money side of the music industry? The part of the industry where the real money is made? Strong in data analysis, project management, processes? This might be of interest then, especially if you can travel internationally with ease.
The global leader in collecting performance royalties is looking for an International Operations Manager who will be responsible for maximising worldwide revenue collections from respective CMOs on behalf of members by leading, managing, motivating and continuously improving the International team; together with the supporting processes and systems.
As the International operations Manager you will have a strong commercial drive, experience in managing high value revenue budgets, numerical reasoning and the ability to understand complex large volume data sets.
Your key to succeeding in the role as International Operations Manager will be the ability to lead, motivate and influence all team members and stakeholders to successfully deliver a structured and balanced timetable of work throughout the year, while constantly reviewing the operational effectiveness of both the internal service providers and CMOs to help them improve their performance, through a combination of data, process and systems improvements.
The role of International Operations Manager is an internally facing role and works closely with the Director and Head of International, forming part of the departmental management team, to oversee the management of CMOs.
International travel is a requirement of this role.
Role and responsibilities
As International Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
• Work with the Director and Head of International to:
• Oversee the management of all CMO relationships
• Define and allocate CMO portfolios to Territories Managers
• Oversee the implementation of new deals and revenue streams
• Support the distribution of collected revenues.
• Set and deliver revenue budgets by leading and managing the operational element of the International department.
• Monitor and carry out root cause analysis of budget underperformance in order to continuously improve the revenue collected.
• Manage risks/issues and mitigate where possible to avoid adverse impacts on revenue collections, escalating in a timely manner to the Director and Head of International.
• Define and own the International operations dashboard reporting performance against metrics to key stakeholders, ensuring International milestones, targets and quality levels are achieved and maintained.
• Act as an International SME working positively and cooperatively on joint initiatives across the company as and when required in order to assist in the achievement of the overall strategic objectives.
• Proactively identify and implement improvements to streamline International processes, procedures and systems to drive efficiency whilst promoting best practice and reducing the level of manual or non-value add tasks.
• Lead the International Change Board to ensure change control is embedded within the department and all changes are evaluated and implemented in a controlled manner.
• Recruit, train, and develop the International team acting as an enthusiastic, positive and motivated role model and coach ensuring the staff attrition rate is within company targets
• Set objectives, define personal development plans and carry out bi-annual appraisals with direct reports to give open feedback on performance to help them achieve their full potential, prescribing and following up on corrective action to help them improve.
• Ensure International team resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of work and that priorities are always adequately covered.
• Communicate effectively and frequently across all teams using a variety of channels to give consistent information, seek ideas and views about process improvements and general issues.
• Own and contribute to the relevant areas of the communications and marketing plan to CMOs and members.
• Attend external seminars, conferences and exhibitions in order to develop knowledge of best practice and new developments within the industry to help drive continuous improvement across all areas within remit.
The successful International Operations Manager will have the following:
• Educated to a minimum of a degree level (or equivalent) standard
• Experience of delivering multi-million £ revenue budgets in a target driven environment
• Experience of creating, monitoring and evaluating complex work schedules and projects
• Experience of analysing 'current state' processes and defining/implementing 'future state' enhancements
• Experience of matrix management
• Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting practices
• Knowledge of project planning and methodology including Agile/Waterfall
• Knowledge of business process reengineering and continuous improvement methodology
• Knowledge of driving change
• Work with complex data sets and applicable business logic to make informed revenue budget business decisions
• Manage varied and complex operational teams/tasks/projects, resolving conflicting priorities and resource constraints
• Build positive relationships with all stakeholders and work with and motivate people at all levels
• Computer literate, with an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM systems e.g. Salesforce, MS Dynamics
• Work accurately and effectively under pressure, prioritising tasks and delivering high-quality work to deadline
• Communicate effectively in writing and verbally (presentations, business plans, status reports, process enhancement requirement definition documents)
• Solve problems quickly and sensitively and find new solutions
• Positive, enthusiastic and able to create and secure commitment to achieve Company, departmental and individual objectives
• Able to adapt communication style to suit the audience and present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others in a way that results in agreement or behavior change
• Flexible attitude to work and prepared to go the ‘extra mile’ to achieve tasks, objectives and targets
• Able to recognise the need and then provide excellent internal and external customer service
• Innovative and creative thinker focused on smart solution delivery
• Recognised operations management qualification e.g. IOM certificate/diploma
• Knowledge of the music industry and collective music licensing
• Conversant in at least one foreign language