A leading global brand is looking for an interim Head of Customer Acquisition to own and increase customer acquisitions for a new product in the UK. This is a new and exciting pivotal role that will help grow a direct to consumer multi - content experience to the end user. The Head of Customer Acquisition will be responsible for setting the strategy for multi-channel acquisition across earned, owned & bought media and will be responsible for the delivery of the plan, driving maximum ROI against all acquisition routes to market.
As the Head of Customer Acquisition you must be someone who thinks digital first but also has experience in offline channels and has experience of working in a fast paced corporate environment and be comfortable with working in a large matrix organisation. Must have expert knowledge or multi channel and cross device acquisition strategies. The Head of Customer Acquisition must have a proven and deep experience of driving business via acquisition strategies. This role is 3 to 6 month contract.
Role and responsibilities
As the Head of Customer Acquisition, you will be responsible for the following:
• Setting the Acquisition strategy
• Set the strategy for acquisition across paid, earned and owned media – both digital and offline -to drive overall customer growth through new channel innovation and current channel optimisation.
• Take the lead on projects that seek to improve channel efficiency and optimisation e.g. econometrics & attribution
• Take the lead on identifying new opportunities to test & trial, and set the strategy & plan as required (tactically and longer term)
• Work closely with marketing colleagues in steering the right creative (including dynamic content) for the channel, to reflect the role of media & message in the customer journey
• Plan execution and budget responsibility
• Oversee the delivery of high quality, on-brand, response-driving campaigns, to acquire new customers to agreed targets across paid, earned & owned media.
• Take full responsibility of the budget and create a rigorous process for analysis, working with the Data & Analytics team.
• Be the lead contact with our media agencies and other 3rd party suppliers
• Oversee briefing, development and approval processes
• Ensure the right technology, tools & enablers are in place for campaign measurement
• Measurement, Optimisation and Reporting
• Constantly challenge and optimise the media mix (attribution, econometrics) and campaign performance to achieve business KPIs
• Initiate and oversee campaign test and learn activity to ensure the most efficient campaigns are being delivered including landing page testing, creative and format testing, message testing
• Oversee / produce campaign performance reports and presentations for the business, drawing on our agency resources and tools, Data and Analytics team and Finance
• Track and manage costs and performance forecasts
• Line management, cross functional collaboration and planning
• Develop a high performing, driven team who consistently exceed targets.
• Set clear targets and KPIs to ensure the team are constantly pushing themselves to hit the next level.
• Work closely with the Customer Director, EMEA to communicate headline performance and strategy to Exec leadership team.
• Work with the wider Marketing team, In-Life team, and Lines of Business to ensure alignment of the overall Acquisition strategy & plan, and that broader opportunities are being leveraged
• Work with Research for ongoing improvements through customer feedback and insight
• Work collaboratively with European colleagues to share successes and learnings and help identify local opportunities to drive customer acquisition.
• Must be experienced in working in fast-moving entrepreneurial environments and comfortable with change – experience in a start-up would be a benefit
• Experience of driving fast growth in a digital business, and ideally by leveraging assets of a larger organisation
• Expert knowledge of multi-channel & cross-device acquisition strategies
• Excellent technical knowledge of acquisition tools, tracking & analytics
• Must be able to demonstrate a highly customer-centric ethos and ‘joined-up’ thinking
• Strong experience of econometrics & attribution methodologies
• Good knowledge of successful creative best practice
• Highly strategic, analytical and numerate
• Results & commercially driven
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Maintains composure under pressure.
• Agency and stakeholder management
• Ability to initiate and start from scratch
• Creative and innovative – keeping up to date with new digital opportunities; on brand
• Excellent communication skills
• Good team player able to work in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders