So do you want to work with an amazing global luxury retail brand? My client is looking for an eCommerce and Digital Marketing Manager to drive and manage the agenda for eCommerce in Europe. This is a fixed term contract for six months initially. This fab role for an eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager is firstly to drive traffic to the UK & Continental European websites (6 sites) through effective search, email marketing and managing affiliates and then ensure that the customer experience on the sites is optimised to drive conversion.
The eCommerce and Digital Marketing Manager is also responsible for managing the UK database to support the development of improved CRM programmes, becoming a center of excellence for the European region. This eCommerce and Digital Marketing Manager will have line responsibility for a team of three, that will need to work cross-functionally with absolute accuracy and detail. As the eCommerce and Digital Marketing Manager you will work closely with Marketing (regional & central), Global eCommerce, Merchandising, Customer Service, IT and outside vendors.
You must be available to start this role by 4th July or latest 11th July. This is a vital in order for us to consider your application.
Role and responsibilities
As the eCommerce and Digital Marketing Manager, your roles and responsibilities will include:
• Lead a team that manages an effective and synergistic digital marketing programme, working closely with external agencies to build and implement plans for paid search (PLAs, RSLAs), SEO optimisation, affiliates and emails for the benefit of all sales channels (website, direct sales and retail) for Europe
• Ensure these plans are in line with regional strategic goals and objectives and take into account the promotional calendar and specific market needs
• Explore 3rd party eCommerce growth opportunities as a way to reach new customers that we find more difficult to access
• Collaborate with Regional Marketing to ensure these communications strike a balance between achieving sales targets and delivering an exceptional brand experience on site.
Conversion and Retention
• In close partnership with Global eCommerce and Brand Management teams ensure that eCommerce content is delivered in line with regional strategies, goals and objectives. This includes managing site maintenance, understanding the customer experience, and the implications for site layout, merchandising and future site development. The objective being to maximise conversion and retention rates on the sites
• Take a lead role in global eCommerce projects for the Europe region to influence the global website development road map is delivering regional site needs
• Work closely with the DC (Distribution Centre) to drive customer experience improvement projects such as improved delivery options, free returns, complimentary shipping, etc.
• Responsible for the UK database of customer information and the options it provides for building customer loyalty. Lead CRM projects and capabilities for the UK and consult/support Continental Europe as they build their programmes
• Focus the catalogue campaigns on reaching both current and lapsed customers with the company's most important message
• Collaborate with Global team to refine the existing e-mail programme to become targeted and relevant to different customer groups.
• Work closely with other departments - especially Marketing and eCommerce teams in NY, European Market heads, Regional Merchandising teams and the Distribution Centre - to lead the ecommerce agenda and priorities and ensure these are in line with regional strategies, goals and objectives
• Manage and guide external agencies to deliver initiatives and activity within the timeframes specified and ensure that the company's work ethic, brand values and mission are upheld at all times
• Maintain a high level of knowledge of ecommerce, digital and analytics related activity and be aware of industry developments and innovations
• Be acutely aware of competitor activity and poised at all times to capitalise on opportunity and repel threats.
• Fiscal accountability for sales, investment and expenses related to UK & Continental Europe sites.
• Provide monthly reporting of sales performance; develop annual plans and prepare quarterly forecasts.
• Provide reports monitoring the effectiveness of traffic driving activities, performance on the sites and CRM/ direct marketing campaigns.
As the eCommerce and Digital Marketing Manager your experience will include:
• Be an expert in this field and will be able to use previous experiences to help shape and drive the eCommerce & CRM agenda in Europe.
• Be able to champion the necessary capabilities and skills required to develop a world class eCommerce/CRM function and be able to coach the team accordingly.
• Being a dynamic and flexible leader who is adept at relationship building with internal and external clients, and a strong, decisive manager that locally builds a climate of service excellence by maximizing the performance of their team.
• Relevant degree and/or professional qualification
• Substantial and proven experience in a results driven multi-channel eCommerce environment
• Experience of overseas markets including Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland
• Experience of defining and managing budgets, promotional spending and leading external suppliers/partners
• Strong communication and project management skills
• Advantage to have at least one European language capability- Italian, German or French – not essential
• Strong expertise of eCommerce disciplines, channels and platforms
• Strong expertise of all digital marketing disciplines, channels and platforms
• Able to drive performance across all online KPIs
• Experience in managing a customer database, segmentation modelling and driving consumer insights
• Ability to communicate with impact and articulate the eCommerce agenda to senior management
• Strong analytical skills with strong knowledge of MS Office applications
• Working knowledge of HTML, and experience of using analytical tools e.g. Omniture and Google Analytics
• Ability to multitask and prioritise and commercially minded and extremely driven
• Experience of using content management systems, either proprietary or bought in.
As the eCommerce and Digital Marketing Manager you will exhibit skills in the following competencies:
• Credibility: Demonstrates character, displays professionalism, models agility
• Expertise & Judgment: Demonstrates expertise and business acumen, applies judgment, take calculated risks
• Strategy & Innovation: Thinks strategically, inspires creativity, plans and organizes
• Partnership: Collaborates productively, cultivates and manages talent, communicates with impact
• Execution: Strives for excellence, delivers results, and measures outcomes.