My exciting client, a leading global health and beauty retailer, is now looking to recruit a Digital Innovation Manager. Having already spent the last 18 months building a best in class eCommerce team they now require a Digital Innovation Manager to be responsible for managing the eCommerce platforms. As the Digital Innovation Manager, you will have input from the BU’s and commercial teams. Your role will be to prepare business cases and maintain change documentation delivered by the technical teams. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of digital innovation by guiding BU’s, to research and investigate new digital innovation to drive the business roadmap.
My client is looking for a Digital Innovation Manager that thinks 'digital first' so will strive to bring digital innovation to the business across Europe. You must be passionate about trends in health and beauty, new tools and gadgets which can inspire our business to put a smile on their customer's face!
Role and responsibilities
As the Digital Innovation Manager your roles and responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the delivery of the European Digital Innovation roadmap.
• Leads the Innovation/Change management team of Technology.
• Build customer journeys, persona’s to lead our Digital roadmap always from our customer experience.
• Fully document business cases in areas where needed for financial approvals by Investment Committee or Group Board.
• Fully document Solution Concepts and Change requests signed off by the Commercial and our local Business units – including sign off and acceptance by Development and Architect.
• Closely align the roadmap on the by Commercial provisioned business goals for our local business units in terms of traffic, conversion and revenue budgets.
• Manage a team of experts on the different areas to support the roadmap and pro-actively help the business units to implement innovations.
• Engage with the eCommerce Managers or delegates including Commercial team to agree on any new functionality and new capabilities of the platform
• Leading a team of Super-users to help and train the eCommerce teams within our business units.
• Supporting the innovation roadmap and any support needed on the platform as the main contact for the Commercial team working together in London office.
• Play a key part in defining the User Experience for our Europe websites, working closely with the Commercial team in London.
• Key role managing mid-level and senior-level stakeholders across the Europe business; possibly including engagement with suppliers
• Working closely across many Business Units in Europe, to clearly explain and promote eLab and carefully manage stakeholder expectations
• Will be required to travel extensively across Europe, and travel on a frequent basis
The skills and experience my client is looking for as the Digital Innovation Manager are:
• University degree holder, preferably on business, I.T., e-Commerce or related field
• Strong evidence of continuous professional development in Innovative Digital (IT) role
• 6+ years’ experience in large-scale digital or web project design and build hands-on management and at least 2 years in a Strategic Digital role, taking a long-term view over deliverables
• Experience in implementation of an eCommerce platform (preferably on Hybris) in Merchandising, Search, Order Management and Content management.
• Good understanding of web, mobile, digital commerce and CRM related services and solutions and their implementation cycles
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills and high attention to detail
• Driven by a desire to make improvements
• Excellent problem-solving, quantitative and decision-making skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Great team player
• Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Ability to Multi-Task and work in a fast paced environment
• Mature with strong sense of responsibility, able to work independently
• Proven ability to motivate and lead virtual teams to consistently deliver high-quality projects on-time and within budget
Why join our team?
• This is a fantastic opportunity to work for the largest health, beauty and lifestyle retailer. We have over 12,000 stores operating 20 retail brands in 33 markets and serving 27 million customers worldwide every week
• Offer your passion, leadership and expertise to a world-class organization
• Great working environment - we are a team of fun-loving professionals with a passion to succeed!