One of the largest media organisations in the world is looking for a BI Support Analyst to join a team environment and provide support, you will maintain and be a Subject Matter expert on the range of in-house developed IT systems and vendor products in use by the company.
The BI Support Analyst in this role is responsible for working with team members, which could include Peers, third party teams, developers, testers and Business Analysts, to understand and you will ensure smooth operations of the services required/requested by the business.
Role and responsibilities
The Right BI Support Analyst will have a very good understanding of the following:
• IBM Netezza, Tableau, Business Objects Universe, Desktop Intelligence & Web Intelligence reporting support and troubleshooting
• Business Objects server environment support and maintenance
• Manage new user requests and user access change control
• Ensuring that data across reports and databases is accurate and reconciled as necessary
• Work on small/medium sized projects to extend/enhance Business Intelligence
• Perform system testing, unit testing and integration testing on projects
• Work closely with DBAs to ensure the Business Objects and Tableau environments and data warehouses are operational
• Maintain documentation for existing BI systems
• On-going development (not day-to-day operational management) of new/modified data feeds and the data warehouses
• SQL Server database and DTS/SSIS support, troubleshooting and maintenance
• Data feed support, troubleshooting and maintenance
• Maintain a good relationship with Business Intelligence customers/users. Meet with them regularly, elicit feedback, incorporate their feedback and ensure they get the proper level of support
As a BI Support Analyst you will have solid skill set in:
• Extensive experience of developing and supporting BI applications on SQL Server 2005/2008/2012.
• Requirement to develop/support data feeds using SQL DTS/SSIS
• Experience of Tableau, Netezza and Business Objects Xi3.1 suite including Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Designer, and Business Objects Server
• Experience with working in a project environment, including requirements gathering with business users and different cycles of testing, e.g. unit testing, system testing, integration testing
• Extensive experience of testing reports / dashboards for data quality and accuracy
• Multiple iterations of taking business/user requirements and translating them into reports
• Knowledge of change and release management procedures.
• Knowledge and understanding of general infrastructure components.
• Working knowledge of industry practices such as ITIL for Incident/Problem Management.
• Experience of change/incident/problem management systems (Service Now)
The personal skill set we are looking for in the right BI Support Analyst is:
• Ability to identify, analyse, and resolve problems in a timely manner; is detail oriented.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitor own work to ensure quality and display a willingness to apply feedback from peers / management in order to improve performance.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing priorities, and able to deal with frequent changes, delays and/or unexpected events.
• Ability to work independently in a multi-tasked environment.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and proactive attitude to work.